Friday, May 20, 2011

Just when you thought it was safe . . .

I pop up and burst your bubble with reality. A post about food on a Friday afternoon of a long weekend. Don't you just hate me!!??!!

So you are all aware of my "crazy" eating habits. Nobody understands how I can even survive a day without BREAD (swooning) and pasta! are you crazy? How in the world can you run and play sports?? Without pasta?? Wow . . . but anyway. I do run and play sports with unlimited energy. You all wonder how in the world I survive my days and all the stuff I do . . . it's because I eat REAL FOOD not processed FAKE "food". I even HATE putting the word "food" beside processed because I don't want you thinking that "processed food" is food because its not.

I do occasionally eat JUNK. Yup I do. Sugar is my addiction. I try very hard not to let it control me. I am going on at least 3 years trying not to go overboard on sugar. One year of almost all real foods only (paleo-ish).  But sugar is my downfall. In junk food. I don't care about table sugar - I never crave that. I just wanted you to know I'm not ironwilled and that yes, I do eat some junk.

Now before you close off your mind because I'm on a soapbox . . . hear me out. My intention is NOT to preach, it is to help. So I end my tirade right here. . . . with a link below to a great article on junk/snack foods and why we love them. So take 10 mins, open your mind and actually READ the article.

This isn't intended for you to fret over and not enjoy yourself. It is a learning tool to help you think consciously about the things you put in your mouth.

Have a great long weekend! And enjoy it. . . . you know I will!

Why Snack Food Is Addictive . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment