Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Whirlwind

The past few weeks have been what could be called a whirlwind.



Not in that exciting, happy, new romance kind of whirlwind. More like a blowing, turbulent tornado where you never know where you'll be from one minute to the next.


I had grandiose writing plans . . . I had lists in my head of things to do. Somehow it seemed that those "things" should only take 20-30 mins each - max! Ummm not so much. Once I found "some time" I realized it was going to take hours for some things. Hmpff . . . that sucks. So I guess I'll work at them little by little.



Along with those few things I wanted to write (still not done btw), I wanted to start brainstorming and researching possible new careers. For me this is a problem because I see this as a priority. A "fire" if you will. Mainly because I don't want to waste any more time and will need to apply to a program for the September start. Which means I need to figure this out quickly. That and I hate waiting. I always want to do "it" now. Whatever "it" is - they all seem like a "great idea!" at the time I think about it but once reality sets in I can usually see the not so great things about it. So I'm usually very happy that there is some reason I am not able to do things "right now" be it time, money, other commitments. But maybe I would have done more and experienced more things in my life if I could have just done everything whenever I wanted. But as always "no regrets".


So my past 2 weeks have gone something like this: work all day, checking things out on the internet during "lunch" and "breaks" (and maybe some other times in there when I was supposed to be working but shhh don't tell anyone). Then go home, race thru dinner and whatever home responsibilities really had to be done (not too many I thought were important lol). Then onto the computer. What really happened was I'd get maybe an hour . . . which an hour of internet time really isn't much . . . then all of a sudden I'd realize I was late to go to sleep. Ugh! Then the next day it started all over again. It was like the movie "Groundhog Day".


All in all, it made me feel useless at everything! Nothing was ever actually completed. I haven't done real grocery shopping in weeks! Writing - not done. House cleaning - not done. Work - not done to the level it should be. Career research - nearly done. :-) So at least I've accomplished something!


The best part about it happening now is that the hockey playoffs are on right now so basically Kevin does not care one iota that I have been distracted and not "around" lol. He's been watching hockey every single night. My son is out of town and my daughter is on the laptop in front of the computer with me! So my family hasn't noticed too much - except maybe the lack of real dinners or food in the house. lol.


So . . . that's it for today. Just thought I'd do an update, let you all know I am still around. I am hoping to one day be back to "normal". Alright, alright, stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment