Thursday, June 4, 2009

So maybe I'm not so good at this after all . . .

It's been a month basically. Writing a blog seems to be a hard habit for me to start.

I've been injured for 2 weeks.  Not a running injury per se . . . but a softball injury to my FOOT! Which makes it a little difficult to run. Decided to use my foot instead of glove to stop the ball . . . not always the best decision.

So I haven't run in 2 weeks. I did a 4 km "fast walk" on Saturday, foot was pretty sore later that day so I decided to rest it a little more. I ran for the first time last night - 3km. I felt like I was lumbering, heavy, no rhythm. It was weird. But my cardio felt fine. Foot seems ok.  A little sore in the arch today but nothing major.  I have softball tomorrow night and a 5km race on Sunday a.m.

I'm going to tape up my foot. I checked out a few websites and for now, have decided that's the best way to go. I'll test it out tonight and see how much tape I can waste trying to get it to feel right.

And  .  . .  using my glove only for stopping and catching the ball. Really need to think before I do things sometimes. The goal is to have fun not get hurt!

Hopefully I'll remember to keep you up to date!

1 comment:

  1. sucks when you hurt yourself which affects your running.... doing something other than running. Sorry to hear that... but taking the time off was the smartest thing. Btw, thanks for the info about the Traumeel pill, had no idea! Have yet to go check for them but appreciate it! :D

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete