Monday, February 25, 2013

I got home on Friday after work to find my home without cable tv, internet or home phone. What a great start! I thought. I had a lot of work to do. My last assignment for my course was due at midnight and I had to do a huge revision.

So after spending 30 mins on the phone with Rogers, I ended up with the "first available technician appointment" scheduled for SUNDAY a.m. Grrrr .... Ok, it is what it is, just deal with it, and move along.

So that's what I did. I got to work. At 10:30 p.m. I put my laptop in my backpack and walked through the snow to my local Tim Hortons. I got myself a blueberry tea and a gross oatmeal raisin cookie. Did you know that cookie variety is very limited at night?? What a disappointment. I don't go there very often so the cookie was to be a treat! But an oatmeal raisin cookie is not my idea of a treat.

So sitting at Tim Hortons, using their Wi-Fi, I submitted my final assignment. Whew!

My course is done this week. Which I am glad of. I am waiting for the final class on Wednesday that goes into more detail about the course as a career and how to move forward. I am not sure if I want to continue in this line of courses or not.

One thing I learned is that course took up A LOT OF MY TIME. Whether it was the adjustment to learning or doing it online or the subject matter, who knows. What I do know is that if I take another course I need to be prepared for it to consume me and my time. I have a feeling my next course will be more of a creative writing course. I think my need to express myself is driving me. I don't feel the need to learn a new career. I feel the need to fulfill something for me personally.

I am going to chill out and just breathe for a while after it ends. See what comes to me and where my soul leads me next.

It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy. ~Lucille Ball


No comments:

Post a Comment