Friday, April 3, 2009

Yuck!

What an ugly day! Rain, rain and more rain. Thankfully I don't have a run scheduled for today.

Yesterday was my 5km run around my neighbourhood that we affectionately call "the crescents". I was doing it alone (happily) and earlier in the day (I left work early) so it was warm and sunny and not too busy on the roads. I was excited because I would be using my brand new Garmin and heart rate monitor. I didn't want to affect the results at all so I made sure I didn't look at the thing the whole way. Checked my pace a few times - excellent - in fact faster than I expected. But felt really good. Knee was happy, breathing was happy, I was happy.

Just over 1/2 way I decided to look at the distance and time - I was curious . . . everything read  ZERO!! I had forgotten to push start. $%#*&^&%$$#^**$@@#@@ OMG, I can't believe it. So excited to use it and I go and have a brain cramp! So I pushed start and went about my run. A little dejected but still on. Got to the end of my run and in the house. Said to my husband "You didn't happen to notice what time it was when I left, did you?". He looked at me, looked at my Garmin, looked at me, looked at the Garmin . . . said "Ahh, noo??". I proudly stated "Forgot to push start." That got a good laugh and shake of the head.

So, I g-mapped it, 4.78km. So I figure I did it in 28 mins. Knee felt great. Even after. Took a Traumeel, showered, rolled around on the foam roller for a while. Got some food and put an ice pack on my knee and relaxed! It was only 6 p.m.!! Wow, I'm usually only getting home! This working for a living sucks!

Knee still feels good today. That's a good sign but still only minimal mileage . . . tomorrow I'm going to try for 7km. That's usually where the twinge starts. Going for laser therapy on the IT band again today. Hard to know if it's doing anything but worth the try!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment