Friday, April 15, 2011

I just spent a couple hours reading scientific nutritional articles . . . aaahhhh. My mind is now blank, deadened, seeing stars, I'm not sure but it's like nothing is there it's so overloaded, lol.

I may have something interesting to write about over the weekend and have one of my spectacular written diatribes to send out!

In the meantime, let's discuss my running . . . I stopped running in November 2010 to "heal" read more here . I ran a couple times in early March. Nothing again until last week. So I started out nice and slow . . . 2.5 km, 3 km, 4 km, and have kept it at that. 5 runs at those varying distances. I haven't worried in the least about the actual distance - just got out there and got it done. So far I'm happy about how I feel running. That's always a good thing!

Last night I met D, (not using names until I'm told I'm allowed)  for a run so she could do her speedwork. I decided I would try to do an "easy" set of sprints around the track. I need to get my legs ready for the upcoming summer sports season. They need to be primed and ready to go for the jarring starting and stopping of baseball and now ball hockey.  (Yes, ball hockey!! More on that later - super excited.)  So anyway - jarring legs . . . participating in sports, out of the blue, tend to leave a person with pulled muscles. Not fun. First of all, it hurts, all the time, even doing regular daily stuff. Second of all, you usually have to stop playing the sport for a while until its calmed down a bit. Which totally sucks! So sprints it is. And full leg warm ups before playing - don't forget that!

So back to sprinting - I did one easy straight run around the track. Next 2 laps alternating 100 metres sprinting, 100 metres slow run. Last lap slow run. We ran to and from the track. Total distance (including sprints) I believe was 4.17 km .  It was a really nice run. The sprints hurt just enough to let me know I had done some work and the run, as always, was a great chat fest for me! Legs have a slight ache to them today but does not affect me in anyway except to remind me I had a good workout. Glad we went. I'm so glad one of us has a goal so I can benefit by getting my butt off the couch! Thx D!

No comments:

Post a Comment