Tuesday, April 12, 2011

LUNCH!

This is my lunch today:  Not sure if you can tell but the bowl is the size of a large serving bowl, not a small cereal bowl. To the left is the coffee maker and right is electric kettle. Nice large salad, its huge - once you get used to seeing this you forget how big it is until someone sees you!  You couldn't eat your grain carbs this large! How many calories in a typical sandwich or wrap that you are eating for lunch? Did it have this many veggies, this much protein. NOT!

Lunch is one whole head of romaine lettuce, one whole sweet red pepper and a can of tuna in water. Yes, the whole can. Protein is good. Yes mercury can supposedly be a problem, but that's if you eat it every day I think.   Total Calories330, Protein: 30g, Fat 7 g (due to salad dressing,  Carb 22g (13 g for the pepper and lettuce - 9 g due to Kraft salad dressing because they insist on adding SUGAR of all things and I didn't bring my own).

Normally I don't track my calories/food etc. But since I want to get back on track and start my body burning FAT instead of CARBS as fuel, I need to keep the carbs low to teach it to burn my body fat. (more on that when I get organized).   So I am tracking. And I am using  http://www.myfitness.pal/  as the tracking website. It syncs to both pc and mobile. You can take pics with your phone camera of the barcode of product, it will find it and automatically put it into your list of foods. I used it for my can of tuna today. Not that you should be eating many foods with a barcode . . .

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment