Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reality Bites!

Long story short, I hate my job. I know a lot of people say that. I keep hoping I'll find a way to like it. I do things differently. Try to find ways to correct the problems. Try to find solutions for things to run smoothly. Try to change myself. I'm still unhappy. It actually reminds me of a loveless marriage. I no longer derive any joy and it's been like this for years. It's not a new thing.
I like the people, I like helping others, I like it when things go well but more often than not, things are shit. It's not like I haven't tried. Put in my time. I've been in customer service, accounting, "management", looking after everything and everyone for a very very long time.

I think I'm done.

I derive more joy from helping people help themselves than I realized. A few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting the training and certification for fitness training, nutrition etc. But I didn't. But lately I've been thinking about it again. I spend a lot of time doing this. Research and writing my emails and now blogs. In the long run I think there might be other options out there better suited to me now.

Back in the day, my job was a necessary part of life. Don't get me wrong, it is still. But the difference is my children are no longer small and we are not 100% dependent on my job to sustain our lives, if you know what I mean. My job has always just been a paycheck. I tried to make it more but it didn't give back to me in any meaningful way. I think I need a position, job, career that will give back to me in SOME way.

This will not be an instantaneous thing . . . just some thoughts I needed to voice. Put out there. Make real.

Because until you make it real, it is just a pipe dream. You've got to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment